Sleep Is The Best Medicine | Self-Care Tips: Blog 3
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of our daily lives, as they body is hard at work restoring, repairing and strengthening while we dream.
It is recommended that adults have between seven to nine hours of sleep each night. Yet according to the Centres of Disease and Control and Prevention, 35 percent of adults don't get enough sleep and this puts them at risk of increased anxiety levels, memory issues, diabetes, poor balance and high blood pressure, among other things.
Tips to help you sleep :)
- Write a list of things you have to do the following day, so that they aren't running through your head.
- Go to bed at the same time each night
- Have a warm bath or shower before bed
- Try some gentle yoga or stretches for ten minutes.
- Play soothing music
- Sprinkle a few drops of lavender on your pillow or have a diffuser with lavender oil in it and let it fill the room prior to you going sleep.
- Feel comfortable - wear pyjamas and or be naked whatever makes you feel relaxed and calm.
- Ensure that your bedroom is between 15-19 C (60-67F) - it is always best to err on the cool side.
- Turn the clock face away from you.
- Turn off your smart phone or place on airplane mode
For more awesome Self-Care tips - download them here and get 10% off your purchase.
Relax | Rejuvenate | Rebalance