Make Your Own Balms and Lotions Recipes | Self-Care Tips: Blog 6
Although you can buy any number of oils, lotions and bath concoctions to help you get that spa experience at home, and look after you. It is easy to make your own, if you like.
Here is a lovely balm you can create at home for yourself :)
Mint Balm - reduces tension
Can be stored in a small jar or tin for up to six months. Few drop massaged onto temples can ease headaches.
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp dried mint leaves, crushed
- 20-30 drops of peppermint oil
- 50g Beeswax
- Place the oil and mint leaves in a heavy-based pan and simmer on a low heat for an hour.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool and strain., keeping the oil and discarding the mint leaves.
- Add peppermint oil drops to the infused sunflower oil.
- Next, melt the beeswax in a bowl over a bain-marie and once it is liquid, stir in the infused oil.
- Pour the liquid into a glass bottle or a jar with a screw top.
** stores for up to six months.
We are stocking essential oils check them out here.
For more awesome Self-Care tips - download them here and get 10% off your purchase.
Relax | Rejuvenate | Rebalance